Thursday, July 23, 2009

Progress Report


I am currently investigating how to reduce the size of photo files before I upload them to my blog. This is most important to achieve as I intend to make photos a prime aspect of this site. Large files slow down the transfer rate and make viewing the site a slower more tedious process for most viewers.

All photos are copyright protected from commercial use but viewers are welcomed to copy and forward pictures posted on my blog to other persons as part of their personal communications.

Once again the smaller size of the photo file will greatly facilitate the transfer of these photos making life a little easier for all concerned.

If you are visiting this particular posting you can tell by the size of the current photo file I have not yet achieved my goal of producing smaller more manageable jpg files (sorry). My IT advisor will be meeting with me next week to get this sorted out.
As for other progress concerning the site. I have started to contact interested parties who may wish to contribute stories to the Riding Iron blog in the upcoming year. Response has been positive to date.
I have also identified a dozen topics for which I believe articles need to be written. Although the blog will be slanted towards the specific needs of the older rider we intend to make sure there will be lots of interest to viewers of all ages.
I want it said: "Anyone who likes to travel via a motorcycle, be it around the country or just to work each day, will benefit by Riding Iron."


No comments:

Post a Comment